Saturday, September 22, 2007

Opportunity to Scribble

When I first heard my daughter talk about 'blogging' I was sure it was just one of those frivolous activities. You know 'sharing' recipes, what's up with what, a tidbit of gossip here and there-just stuff. But I have been visiting her blog and am impressed with her 'sharings'. She is an inspired musician and song writer but much more than that she is sharing God News.
I have been scribbling for years - poems and lyrics and sometimes just prose inspired by Bible studies and sermons. I have all these scribbles in small notebooks stuck here and there and read only by me. I guess I have been hoarding my scribbles, or maybe I have been hiding them. Anyway, recently I was reading some of my scribbles and realized that God may have originally given them to me for my own growth but others might benefit by those thoughts inspired by God. I will be posting those 'scribbles' periodically on this blog site and it is my prayer that those who visit will be inspired to grow in God.
I came to the Lord at the age of 14 and have never regretted giving Him my life. He filled me with the Holy Ghost in March of 1962 and I don't know what I would do with out Him. Have I always walked in His Wisdom? No, but He has allowed me to walk in His Forgiveness with a repented heart. Through the years I have failed Him numerous times - failed to give voice in testifying to others of what He has done. Failed to share the 'good news' of His plan of salvation with those who did not know Him. I don't doubt that they knew of Him, but to truly KNOW Him is to be filled with His Spirit. I hope to give voice to my testimony of Him to all who visit this blog and read my scribbles - I have a lot of catching up to do.

1 comment:

Jana McVay said...

Mom,
Thank you for a Godly heritage! I am so glad that you chose to live for God even when your immediate family did not! If you hadn't, would you have married Dad, would I be here today? Or if you had still married Dad, would we be a family who lives for God today?

I am proud of you for starting your blog! I look forward to reading all the inspired poems, songs, and thoughts and being blessed with the wisdom and dedication you have been given of by God!