Monday, October 1, 2012

Beautiful to Me

                
Isaiah 53:2
2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.    KJV

The Word tells us prophetically that the person of Jesus, His image, would hold no attraction for the eye...no beauty for the eye of the beholder...no visual WOW factor.  In the Gospels we are shown a man with dusty feet, dusty clothes...a man without home or possessions...no place to lay His head.  This man drew crowds wherever He went.  They followed for the miracles.  That same man is later  painted by scars, bloodied hands, bloodied feet and back...bruised and shamed by soldiers.  He still drew the crowds though today they were drawn by His defeat.  If we were handed an artist rendition of either, our natural man would be repulsed by the images,  but today I think of Him and find in Him great beauty.  That dusty wanderer, that bloodied and bruised man holds a 'wonderous attraction' for me.
    

                    
                        JESUS BEAUTIFUL TO ME

                       Crown of thorns upon your brow
                       Nails in your hands and feet
                     Blood flowing out … dripping down
                     You did it all for me.  

On that rugged cross you died for me
                     As my sin debt you paid
                     You rose again  defeating death
                     You did it all for me

       Cho:       Jesus beautiful to me
                     Wonderful in Wisdom
                       Great in Majesty
                       Savior and healer
                       Keeper of my soul
                     Jesus my Redeemer
                     Beautiful to me.



 

 

No comments: