Friday, September 21, 2012

A THOUGHT FOR THE DAY

 Sometimes you wake up in the morning and just want to pull the covers over your head and forget about getting up and facing another day.  Yesterday it seems has defeated you, and at the moment today doesn't look much better.  Everything that could has gone wrong, the people you called 'friends' aren't, your month has run out of budget and you don't want to know what else could go wrong.  You are in good company, David the King of Israel and Job of long ago both experienced the worst kind of 'worlds gone wrong'.  Did either of them burrow under the covers?  No, they each faced the next day and the next cast down but undefeated.  Job and David both 'encouraged themselves in the Lord.  Job accepted his current situation knowing that when "He has tried me, I shall come forth as gold." (Job 23:10)   David  knew the source of his current situation was of his own making and his response was to repent and encourage himself in the Lord.
               Ps 43:5   Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted
               within me? hope in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my
               countenance, and my God. KJV
If great men of old have faced days like mine and risen up to face the next and the next, why should I be any different.  If my days never knew any problems, if I never faced an enemy, how could I ever understand that my God is Greater than any problem and stronger than any enemy.  I must throw off the covers, dress to face the day and encourage myself in the Lord.
               Mic 7:8  Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise;
               when I sit in darkness, the Lord shall be a light unto me.
               2 Cor 4:8-5:2    8 We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are
               perplexed, but not in despair; 9 Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down,
               but not destroyed;  10 Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord
               Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.  11 For
               we which live are alway delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also
               of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh.  12 So then death worketh
               in us, but life in you.  13 We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is
               written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore 
               speak; 14 Knowing that he which raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise up us also
               by Jesus, and shall present us with you.  15 For all things are for your sakes, that
               the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory
               of God.  16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish,
               yet the inward man is renewed day by day.  17 For our light affliction, which is
               but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of
               glory;  18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which
               are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are
               not seen are eternal.For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were
               dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in
               the heavens. KJV

 


 

No comments: