Tuesday, September 11, 2012


UNSETTLED

 

Lord, my heart feels unsettled today.  When I kneel down to pray, it seems no words come.  My soul longs for a renewed anointing of your Spirit.  I am weary in body and soul Lord – for I feel a struggle within me, a struggle to wade through a vast space filled with worries.  the struggle between faith and unbelief.  I feel that I am forever bringing my cares to You but struggling to leave them there in Your hands.    I need a fresh anointing of the Holy Ghost – a renewing and building up of my faith.

This morning I read Solomon’s thought on life – ‘all is vanity’ – and realized that I have been harboring that thought in my life.  I know that ‘all is vanity and grasping for wind’ in this world, but our focus should be beyond this present life and this is not vanity. 

Help me O’ God to remember that your work is not vanity; that the soul of man is not vanity though it is housed in flesh and all flesh is vanity.   Teach me again Lord to walk in FAITH – to remember that your Word is true – that you “are able to keep that which is committed to you” and bring to pass all that you have promised.

No comments: