Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Cry of the Heart


Ex 33:18-23
18 And he said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory.
19 And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the Lord before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.
20 And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
21 And the Lord said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock:
22 And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by:
23 And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.
KJV


Sometimes I am weary of this world, tired of the daily tedium, and trying to move my life along in the right direction.  Sometimes it seems that I pray to no avail and all I want is to leave it all behind and just go home.  I think Moses must have felt the same way as he tried to negotiate between the Israelites and the wilderness.  I think he was tired and frustrated when he asked Jehovah God to "shew my thy glory".  So, here I am Lord and the cry of my heart today is....

LORD SHOW ME YOUR GLORY

Lord, I have heard  your voice in whispers,
Soft as the wind brushing the leaves.
I've heard you in the thunder of the storm and
Waves breaking on the shore.
Lord, I have seen your hand
As it touched the sick, the lame,
Healing the broken and
Providing from the abundance of your Kingdom.
Lord, your voice and your hand
Are wonderful to me
Providing from your riches,
Directing with your wisdom.
But much more than your voice,
Which I truly love to hear,
And so much more than your
Hand of comfort reminding me I am yours.
More than these my heart's desire…
Your Precious face to see
And so my cry today
"Lord show me your Glory"
Lord show me your Glory
Let your train fill this place
Show me your Glory
Let me look upon your Face.
Lord, Show me your Glory
Let it overflow my soul
Lord please show me your Glory.
Jacque Chance  2006
 

No comments: