Friday, November 1, 2013

WHEN THE STONES CRY OUT...

The rocks are crying....

Luke 19:37-40

37 And when he was come nigh, even now at the descent of the mount of Olives, the whole multitude of the disciples began to rejoice and praise God with a loud voice for all the mighty works that they had seen;

38 Saying, Blessed be the King that cometh in the name of the Lord: peace in heaven, and glory in the highest.

39 And some of the Pharisees from among the multitude said unto him, Master, rebuke thy disciples.

40 And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out.
KJV

This summer we traveled back home visit to friends and family in Texas.  We covered North, East, Central and West Texas in less than 2 weeks and the scenery was beautiful.  We encountered the 'cityscape', the forest, the plains, and the hills. All of it was beautiful...towering pines, trailing vines, blue bonnets, sage, mesquite and tumbleweeds...and the piece d'resistance thunder and lightning storms.  All of it wonderfully and beautifully made by a great big wonderful God.  In its own way each piece of His creation offers up praise...the song of the wind in the leaves and branches, the scent of the wild flowers and grasses, the ballet of the tumbleweed set free from the bonds of earth, the music of the storm and the dance of the lightning...all offering up the wonder of the Creator.

Where is man, when it comes to rejoicing and praising God? Man alone seems unable or unwilling to acknowledge the wonder of it all with a voice of praise. Man, a creature superior to all of creation, with the ability to read, think and yet unable to take the leap of faith and accept the existence of God the Creator in spite of the visible evidence, all of creation.  Man has the audacity to believe that he is the master of his life, that his intellect and intestinal fortitude is all he needs.  America mirrors this same audacity though once founded on the Judeo-Christian principles of faith in God and the truth of His Word.

What is wrong with man?  What is wrong with America?  In short, the Rocks are ready to cry out.

I refuse to let a rock take my place.  I will praise Him for all that He has done in my life, in my world.  I will exalt His Name and call Him Holy.  I will try to live my life so that the world will see His Image reflected in me.  I will love as He loves, without regard for worthiness.  I will forgive others as He has forgiven me.  I will give thanks in all things and I will not hold my peace. 

No comments: