Monday, January 6, 2014

Then I Know...

When I rise up in the morning weary for the coming day,
When my body groans it's greeting to a world that should be gray,
When the bird's outside my window sing a song I will not hear,
This is when I know...

When that person in the mirror isn't who she ought to be,
When the choices that she's making aren't the ones that set her free,
When all aspiring thoughts have been hushed by self-defeat,
This is when I know...

This is when I know that all I am is not enough.
This is when I know that I am not complete.
This is when i know I'm not what I need.
This is when I know that I don't know...

What is this piece that's missing,
This emptiness inside?
Who is it that I'm meant to be?
What am I meant to do?
Which path to take, which shade to raise,
I want to hear the song, to sing it too.

How do I replace the gray with sunshine
How to let my spirit fly,
Free from the weight of weary,
How to cause hope to arise?

When I've reached this place of wondering
Hear at the end of my rope
With the knot fraying out the last of my hope,
This is when I know...

This is when I know that there is someone
Larger, greater than myself,
Who holds within His hand all the seeds of hope.
This is when i know the answer is found in letting go.
Letting go of that fraying knot and all that came before,
Letting go of all the gray, all the weary, all defeat.
Letting go and falling free into His Hands of Hope.

Just letting go and falling
Into Grace on bended knees
And finding there forgiveness
Wrapped in Peace.
His Holiness finding residence in me.

Now I rise and greet each day
Knowing I'm not alone,
And that image in my mirror really is my own.
I hear the sound of singing
And that song comes from within.
Then I know...

I know that I have found the path
And I know that I can go on
I know that He goes with me
And I'll never be alone.

No comments: